Sunday, November 4, 2012

DIY: TURNING SOMETHING UGLY INTO SOMETHING NICE

Morning all! Terribly sorry about the break from blogging, finishing up uni, final tests and lots of money earning seems to have made the days fly by. 

It's less than 2 weeks until I'm of to Florence, so I thought it was about time I did some crafty magic on some rather dull objects, firstly to take away with me, but also just to get back into sewing and help keep me sane. 

So, without further ado, I present to you one pimped up laptop case (yes, you read right!)...

Take one boring, too large laptop case of a foamy fabric
(forgot to do a before picture, but i'm sure you get the idea!)


Cut said case up and mark out the desired shape and size


Choose your fabrics, one for the outside and one for the lining (preferably ones that nicely clash the most). Pick out a colourful zipper.


Pin said zipper onto fabric


Sew pinned zipper onto fabric


Post sewing shot


Sandwich the layers of lining, original foamy fabric (covered in white cotton) and outer layer. Sew altogether


And there you have it, one nice, non-boring, travel friendly lap top case



The end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment